Cranberry sauce is a Thanksgiving dinner staple, but no one wants to stand over a simmering pot for hours or just wants to eat something out of a can. Our slow cooker paleo cranberry sauce recipe is made with all fresh ingredients and is easy to boot. Slow cooker recipes are great for busy moms and wives who want fresh healthy meals but don’t have the time to slave over a hot stove or oven all day.
- 2 lbs. fresh organic cranberries
- 1 large organic orange – zest and juice
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup, or to taste, organic honey (use concentrated fruit juice sweetener for vegan version)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- cinnamon and clove to taste.
- Rinse the cranberries, pat dry, and then place in slow cooker.
- Zest and juice 1 large orange. You can peel the zest or grate, whatever you’d prefer.
- Stir the honey and fresh orange juice together in a separate bowl. Then pour the mixture over the cranberries in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2 ½ hours, stirring at least once an hour.
- Turn off slow cooker after 2½ hours, remove the lid and allow cranberry sauce to sit for at least 15 minutes to cool.
- Serve either hot or cold. Enjoy!