- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. lean grass-fed / grass-finished ground beef (alternately you can use turkey or pork as well)
- 1 cup gluten-free, plain or seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 organic free-range eggs, beaten well
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado oil
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. granulated onion
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 large yellow onion diced fine
- 1 lb. bacon 9 (uncured and sugar-free)
- Additional BBQ sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a shallow baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the meatball ingredients together with your hands until well combined. Form into Meatballs, not too large, 1 to 2 inches is best.
- Wrap each with slices of bacon, 1 to 2 depending on the size of the meatball, and secure with toothpicks.
- Place on baking sheet at least 2 inches apart and bake approximately 40 to 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165 F when inserted into the center of the meatball.
- Remove from oven and brush liberally with BBQ sauce then return to the oven and bake another 5-10 min.
- Serve with a side of heated barbecue sauce.
Change it up:
Before you wrap the meatballs with bacon why not try. . .
Green onion: using the green part only, wrap the meatball then follow directions 3 – 5.
Yellow onion: cut a yellow onion in half then in half again, separate the onion slices and use them to wrap the meatballs then wrap with bacon and then follow directions 3 – 5.
Mini Cabbage rolls: wrap each pre-cooked meatball with green cabbage and use marinara or tomato/pasta sauce of choice in place of barbecue sauce. Then heat the rest of the tomato/pasta sauce and place in a dish. When the meatballs are cooked then place them into the sauce and serve.
Teriyaki: In a small saucepan, add 1 bottle minus two (2) Tablespoons of Snackin’ Free Teriyaki dressing and heat, do not boil. Place 2 tablespoons of teriyaki in a small bowl with 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder and stir until combined. When ingredients in the saucepan come to a simmer add the arrowroot mixture and stir until teriyaki thickens.