Skip to content
- 13.5 ounces full-fat canned coconut milk divided
- 2 teaspoons gelatin
- 2 tablespoons honey or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 1 (12 ounces) container of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 14 bananas, sliced
- 1 to 2 boxes of Gluten-Free vanilla wafers
- Pour ¼ cup of coconut milk into a bowl. Be sure to shake the can well first.
- Sprinkle the gelatin on top and whisk briskly to get rid of the lumps. Set the bowl aside.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, add the remaining coconut milk and honey.
- Heat, stirring frequently, until the sweetened milk is steaming, Do not boil.
- Pour the hot coconut milk into the bowl with the gelatin/coconut milk mixture, and whisk well to combine.
- Add in the vanilla extract and salt and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate uncovered for 30 minutes, and then cover tightly until the pudding firms up, this step will take at least 2 hours.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Before serving add the Whipped topping and whip the pudding with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- In a straight-sided bowl (other bowls will do too) Vanilla wafers, banana slices, and pudding (in that order) until all are used up.
- Refrigerate until firm, serve.