- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped finely
- 6 stalks celery chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic (pressed or finely chopped)
- 1 to 2lb beef cubed or grass fed hamburger (you can use any roast or stew meat you choose)
- 5 to 6 stalks of celery chopped
- 4 to 5 carrots chopped
- 3 to 4 turnips, cut into 1/2“ cubes (alternately you can use sweet potatoes or regular potatoes if tolerated)
- 2 to 3 golden beets, cut into 1/2“ cubes (or use more turnips, potatoes, or sweet potatoes)
- Fresh cilantro leaves to top
- 1 – 16 oz organic beef bone broth
- 2 – 16 oz organic beef broth (alternately you can use organic beef bone broth)
- 1 to 2 cans organic petite diced tomatoes ( alternately you can use fresh diced tomatoes)
- 3 to 4 Tbsp Spice hunters organic Mexican Season mix (or to taste)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Toppings: I like to use salted plantain chips to top my taco soup or if you can tolerate tortilla chips
- In a large pot add sofrito ingredients and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add meat and let brown (about 5-6 min.)
- Pour in beef broth and bone broth.
- Set on medium heat, cook until boil.
- Turn it down to a simmer and add vegetables.
- Once vegetables are soft add seasonings and cook another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.