Pizza for Breakfast? I’m in. Try this paleo breakfast pizza for a new twist on the traditional brunch options. I mean who doesn’t love pizza any day – we all remember the pizza bagel bites commercial.
- 1 large head cauliflower (chopped)
- 8 large eggs, divided
- 1 c. shredded non dairy cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. paprika (optional)
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Avocado oil, coconut oil or oil of choice(available at Snackin’ Free)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers (finely chopped)
- 1 c. ham, chopped
- 1 1/2 c. Shredded non dairy cheese
- Freshly chopped chives, for garnish
- Sliced Avocado
For the Crust
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place chopped cauliflower into the bowl of your food processor and pulse until you have a fine texture.
- To the Cauliflower, add 2 of the eggs, shredded non dairy cheese, garlic, and paprika and season with salt and pepper. Pulse until combined and dough like consistency forms.
- Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet and press to form a crust. Bake until golden brown and cauliflower is dry, this may take approximately 25 minutes.
For the Topping
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and peppers and cook until onions are transparent. Add ham and heat through approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining eggs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour eggs into skillet with ham mixture stirring until eggs are scrambled.
- Remove cauliflower crust from oven. Spread a thin layer of salsa on top (optional). Top with scrambled eggs and non dairy cheese.
- Place pizza into Broiler until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chives, top with avocado and serve.