We know that during the last few weeks hand sanitizer and other home essentials have been scarce in the stores and online due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak of 2020. We thought if you had some of these items on hand at home you would like to have this DIY hand sanitizer recipe on hand.
Amount: 10 ounces (300 ml)
Total Time: 6 Minutes
- 1 cup (260 ml) Isopropyl Alcohol
- ½ Tablespoon (4.5 ml) vegetable glycerine
- 3 Tablespoons (41 ml) hydrogen peroxide
- 4-5 drops essential oil, (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the blender, in the order listed, and secure the lid. Select the lowest setting. Start the blender and increase to variable 5, blending for 30 seconds.
- Remove to a squeeze bottle to hold for use.
- For application: place approx. 1/4 teaspoon (about the size of a dime) onto hands and rub hands together until hands are dry, about 15-20 seconds.
- This sanitizer does not have any added thickeners, so it will be thinner than commercially made sanitizers.
*World Health Organization formulated recipe blended in the correct proportions to create an effective homemade DIY hand sanitizer.
**The use of hand sanitizer should not take the place of washing your hands.