- 1 pound organic frozen strawberries
- 6 tablespoons lime simple syrup* recipe below (or pure maple syrup)
- 1/3 cup organic lime juice
- 2 tbsp organic lemon juice
- 1 cup ice
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Place all ingredients into the jar of a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth. (Serves 4)
Lime Simple Syrup
- 1/2 c. Light raw honey
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 tsp. grated lime zest, plus 1/4 cup lime juice
- Place honey, water, and lime zest in a saucepan on medium heat and heat until honey is completely dissolved and stir until combined for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Pour into air tight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
You can use any citric fruit zest for this recipe. Or try using unsweetened fruit juice in place of water.