(Raw, Vegan, Gluten + Grain-Free, Refined Sugar-Free)
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 c nut of choice (I like cashews and almonds best, with walnuts shortly behind – you can even MIX nuts if you’re CRAZY)
- 1 c unsweetened dried coconut 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted, soaked in boiling water for 10 min and then drained 3 tsp ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp unsalted almond butter
Nut Butter Mousse
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 3/4 c almond butter, nut butter, sunflower seed butter or peanut butter (not paleo) of choice 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate of choice, for drizzling (optional)
- Add all CRUST ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth and able to be stuck together, then press into a parchment-lined 8″ round pie pan.
- The parchment lining is really important – you won’t be able to get the pie out if you don’t use the parchment paper.
- Place in the freezer to set while you make caramel ingredients.
- Add all the CARAMEL ingredients to the food processor (no need to clean between making this and the crust) and process until very smooth.
- Spread an even layer atop pie crust and return to the freezer.
Nut Butter Mousse
- Open the coconut milk cans and scoop out solid white coconut cream (save the remaining coconut water for a smoothie). Add to food processor with remaining MOUSSE ingredients, then process until smooth. Spread evenly atop of caramel layer, then return to the freezer.
- If desired, top with an additional drizzle of dark chocolate, melted in a double boiler or microwave.
- Freeze overnight, and store in the freezer but let de-thaw on the counter for about 10 min before serving your very own healthy snickers pie