- ½ cup Organic cold-pressed coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons non-nano zinc oxide (be sure to wear a mask to not inhale the powder)
- 2 tablespoons beeswax pellets
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil (extra virgin avocado oil will work as well)
- 2 teaspoons tea tree oil
- 2 teaspoons rosehip oil
- 8 – 10 drops of essential oil of your choice for fragrance
- In the top of a double boiler, over a pot of boiling water add the coconut oil, beeswax, and olive oil. Alternately, you can place the ingredients in a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water, if you don’t have a double boiler
- Stir the ingredients as they melt.
- When all the ingredients have melted, remove the pan from the heat.
- As the mixture cools, whisk every few minutes to make sure it doesn’t separate.
- Add the zinc oxide and whisk all the ingredients to combine. Wear a mask and try not to inhale the dust.
- Pour the mixture into a sterilized storage container.
- Store at room temperature or in the fridge to extend its shelf life.
Adapted from Wildly Organic home made sunscreen