Enjoy this paleo bake ziti with meat sauce for an Italian-esk meal that is like lasagna without the fuss; the meat sauce has delicious flavors with the mix of ground beef, onion, garlic, and tomato. This is like a lasagna casserole, but a lot easier to make since you don’t have multipe layers, so its great to make midweek or to bring to your next potluck.
Ingredients for Meat Sauce
- 1 – 1 1/2lb. grass fed ground beef (you can also use bison, pastured ground turkey or chicken or you meat can be omitted)
- Half a large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 – 3 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Snackin’ Free Avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 jar of Mezzeta Tomato and Basil Pasta sauce (or other sauce of choice)
- 1 – 2 package Parmela or Daiya Mozzarella shreds (you can use real cheese if you can tolerate it)
Directions for Meat Sauce
- In a sauce pot over medium heat add oil and brown the ground beef stirring to break up any large clumps.
- Add garlic and onion and cook until transparent.
- Add pasta sauce and stir.
- Simmer 10 minutes and remove from heat.
Ingredients for Pasta
- 3 to 4 packages of Snackin’ Free Paleo fresh frozen Macaroni noodles or other macaroni noodles of choice.
- enough water to fill a large pot about 2/3 of the way
- 1 Tablespoon Snackin’ Free avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
Directions for Pasta
- While the sauce is simmering add water, oil and salt in a large pot, place over medium high heat until water boils.
- Add frozen pasta to boiling water and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Remove from heat and drain in a colander.
- Combine drained pasta and sauce in baking dish and stir to coat pasta. Add some of the cheese to dish and stir to combine. Add the remaining cheese to top then cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven approximately 10 to 20 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes and serve.
- Serves approximately 5 to 7.