Enjoy these delicious paleo roasted Brussel sprouts pairs great with chicken or steak for a side at dinner.
- 1 1/2 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half through the core if the Brussels are large then cut into quarters
- 4 oz. pancetta or bacon sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper, plus more, to taste
- 1 Tbs. syrupy balsamic vinegar Fermented Honey (see note)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the brussels sprouts on a baking sheet, including some of the loose leaves, which get crispy when they’re roasted.
- Cut the pancetta into 1/2-inch dice and add to the pan. Then, add the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Toss with your hands and spread out the mixture in a single layer.
- Roast until brussels sprouts are tender and nicely browned and the pancetta is cooked, tossing once during roasting.
- This will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle immediately with the balsamic vinegar and toss again. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve. This recipe will make approximately 6 servings.
Note: To get a syrupy balsamic, boil good balsamic vinegar until reduced to half its volume and it will become syrup-like.
Share your recipe or Paleo Balsamic-Roasted Brussel Sprouts dinner with us on social media @snackinfree