Enjoy these delicious Paleo Broccoli Cheddar Fritters for a fun side dish or snack.
- Avocado or Coconut oil cooking spray
- 8 ounces broccoli stalks and florets cut into 2” pieces
- 1 cup shredded dairy-free cheddar cheese (or Real Cheese as a non-paleo option)
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup grain free breadcrumbs, plus more if needed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Spray a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli stalks and boil for about 2 minutes, drain, let cool (Alternately, skip this step if using leftover cooked broccoli).
- Attach the Metal Food Grinder with the coarse grinding plate to the power hub of your KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Place mixing bowl under the grinder.
- Add a few pieces of broccoli stalks to the food tray, then turn the mixer to speed 4 and push down with the food pusher. Continue to grind remaining broccoli stalks.
- Attach the flat beater and bowl to your Stand Mixer.
- Add cheese, egg, breadcrumbs, granulated garlic, and onion, baking powder, and 1⁄4 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Mix on speed 4 until just combined (don’t over mix).
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- Using your hands or an ice cream scoop, form the mixture into about 15 patties and place on the baking sheet. If the mixture is too wet and not holding together, add a few more tablespoons of breadcrumbs. Spray the fritters with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown, carefully flipping halfway through baking.
Share your Paleo Broccoli Cheddar Fritters with us on social media @snackinfree