- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. lean grass-fed / grass-finished ground beef (ground pork, chicken, or turkey can alternately be used)
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon each Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground pepper (or to taste and may be omitted)
- 1/2 yellow onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 cup cassava flour or arrowroot powder
- 1 bag Paleo plain or seasoned bread crumbs (or cassava flour will do)
- 2 to 3 eggs, beaten well (preferably pasture-raised or organic free-range)
- 2 to 3 tbsp. Water
- Avocado oil enough to cover the bottom of a frying pan
- Place all filling ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly by hand. Shape croquettes into small bite-size sausage link shapes and set them aside.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and water together and set aside.
- Place cassava flour and bread crumbs (separately) in a shallow dish or on foil on the counter.
- To coat croquettes coat croquette in flour, dip in egg wash, then coat with bread crumbs and set aside. Repeat with all other croquettes.
- Heat oil in the frying pan. Place croquettes in hot oil and cook until golden brown turning to make sure all sides are browned and croquet is fully cooked.
- Remove from hot oil with a slotted spatula or spoon and drain on a paper towel-covered tray.