Honey-Sweetened Traditional Lime Mojito
- 3 mint leaves, fresh (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 ounce (4 tablespoons) lime juice
- 1 jigger (1.5 ounces) of 80-proof white rum (optional)
- Club soda
- Garnish: fresh mint sprig and lime wedge
- Place mint, a splash of club soda, and honey in a glass.
- With a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon massage the mint leaves. You want to release the oils from the mint leaves not crush them.
- Add the lemon juice and rum and stir well.
- Add ice and top off with club soda or lemon-lime kombucha
- Add a bit of variety by adding a flavored rum, or Kombucha
Crema de Vie
Crema de Vie is a Cuban eggnog recipe and a great way to spice things up at Christmas. Makes 12 servings.
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 1 can sweeten condensed coconut milk
- 1 can evaporate coconut milk
- 6 egg yolks from pasteurized eggs
- 1 cup dark rum or less if you would like a lighter drink
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract not artificial
- cinnamon, ground, and/or sticks for garnish
Simple Syrup –
- Over medium-low heat put equal parts of water and honey into a saucepan and stir.
- Once the honey has dissolved into the water remove it from the heat and let it cool.
Crema de Vie –
- In a blender, gently mix eggs at low speed. Add evaporated milk and condensed milk and gently blend until smooth.
- Add simple syrup, vanilla, and rum and gently blend until mixed through.
- Garnish with ground cinnamon and/or a cinnamon stick. (optional)