This salad was one of my children’s favorites in the warm days of summer. Who doesn’t love Jello? I created a paleo jello recipe base on what I would make my kids when they were younger so that we can still enjoy it today. This is a great recipe for BBQs and large get-togethers. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1 cup measuring cup
- measuring spoons
- bowl or dish to set jello
- bowl for serving jello
- 2 cups 100 % Fruit Juice. (I like Knudsens 100% Cranberry Pomegranate juice).
- 2 cups kombucha or sparkling water, soda (I like Live Soda sugar-free probiotic soda)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. 100 % Grass-Fed Gelatin
- 1/4 – 3/4 tsp. (or to taste) 100% Monk fruit or Stevia powder (I’ve used monk fruit and stevia so its whichever you prefer)
- 1 can organic sliced Pears in their own juices, chopped
- 1 can organic sliced Peaches in their own juices, chopped**
- 1 can organic pineapple in their own juices
- 10 or so Maraschino Cherries, halved
- 1 container of whipped topping (I used cocowhip)
- *If you prefer you can use 3 cups of chopped fresh fruit of your choice.
- In a bowl or shallow dish add Kombucha or sparkling water, and sweetener. Sprinkle Gelatin on top to soften about 5 minutes.
- Add the juice to the saucepan and heat on stove over medium heat but do not boil.
- Remove from heat and slowly pour into the bowl with kombucha.
- Add fruit, stir to evenly distribute fruit, then refrigerate until firm – 3 hours to overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator and stir gelatin/ fruit mixture to break it up.
- Add Cocowhip, stir to combine, and enjoy!
View more recipes on our blog. All our recipes are paleo friendly – gluten, grain, dairy, soy, and legume free.