- 5 lb carne asada
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 limes
- Snackin’ Free 6″ Tortillas
- Cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp Mexican seasoning (the Spice Hunter)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Snackin’ Free Tortillas
- 1 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- Rinse and dry the pork shoulder, rub in salt and pepper.
- Combine the rub ingredients then rub all over the pork.
- Place the pork in a slow cooker, top with the onion, jalapeño, minced garlic (don’t worry about spreading it) squeeze juice of the limes over the top.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or until meat is tender and falls apart.
- Remove from the slow cooker and let cool slightly. Then shred the meat using two forks.
- Skim off the fat from the juices remaining in the slow cooker and discard the fat.
- Turn crockpot down to warm to keep meat warm while serving.
- Warm up Snackin’ Free tortillas in microwave or on griddle. Make some delicious paleo street tacos and top with onion, cilantro, lime and a little of our our salsa or guacamole.