Enjoy these paleo chicken wings for a fun and tasty dinner.
- 1/4 cup fermented honey or balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup coconut syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- about 1.25 pounds chicken drumettes or wings
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- a few pinches chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients except the last two and pour into a large bowl. Add chicken and coat thoroughly. Cover and place in refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight to marinate. Turning the chicken occasionally to ensure even marination.
- After the chicken marinates, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place chicken in the pan, keeping the extra marinade for later. Bake the chicken for 25 minutes in the center of the oven.
- In a small saucepan, bring the leftover marinade to a boil, then reduce the heat to a slow simmer. Cook over low heat, stirring as needed, for about 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove drumsticks from the oven, coat each with the thickened marinade. Place the chicken back in the oven and cook for 10 – 15 more minutes. Pour remaining marinade into a large bowl, add the chicken and toss to coat the drumsticks/wings one last time, with any remaining sauce; then sprinkle with sesame seeds and parsley. Serve immediately.
Share your recipe or sweet and spicy paleo chicken wings with us on social media @snackinfree