Make something new this week and try our paleo white chicken chili recipe.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 (4.5 oz.) cans of green chilies
- 3 organic boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced to 1 inch
- 5 cups organic low-sodium chicken broth
- Himalayan pink salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups turnips diced
- 1 cup parsnips diced
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 1/4 to 1 c. shredded dairy-free cheese
- 1/4 to 1 c. crushed plantain chips
- Heat the oil in a large pot, over medium heat.
- Add the onion and jalapeño and cook until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add garlic, oregano, and cumin and cook until fragrant (1 minute).
- Add green chilis, chicken, and broth, then bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat, let it simmer while covered for about 5 minutes.
- Add turnips and parsnips and cook until tender and chicken is cooked through (about 10 to 15 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle chili into bowls and garnish with cilantro, cheese, and chips before serving.
Share your recipe or Paleo White Chicken Chili with us on social media @snackinfree