- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large head cabbage, cored and chopped 2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Serves 6 – Cook time: 45 min
- Cook the bacon in a jumbo cooker over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Reserve 2 tbsp. of the bacon grease and discard the rest.
- In the same jumbo cooker, return the 2 tbsp. bacon grease. Over medium-high heat, cook the onion until it is soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook for an additional 1 minute. Stir in the cabbage and continue to cook and stir for 4-5 minutes. Add the seasoned salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, mix the bacon into the cooked cabbage. Serve immediately.