Chicken wings are a great addition to any get-together. Our sweet & spicy chicken wings are sure to be loved by all your guests.
- 1/4 cup fermented honey
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- about 1.25 pounds of chicken drumettes or wings
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- a few pinches of chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients except the last two and pour into a large bowl. Add chicken and coat thoroughly—cover and place in refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight to marinate. Turning chicken occasionally to ensure even marination.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place chicken in the pan, reserving the marinade for later. Bake for 25 minutes in the center of the oven.
- Bring the marinade to a boil in a small saucepan, then reduce the heat to a slow simmer. Cook over low heat, stirring as needed, for about 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove drumsticks from the oven, and coat each with the thickened marinade. Place back in the oven and cook for 10 – 15 more minutes. Pour the remaining marinade into a large bowl, toss to coat the drumsticks one last time, with any remaining sauce, and sprinkle with sesame seeds and parsley. Serve immediately.