Need an easy brunch recipe for your friends or family? This is the paleo recipe for you! Our paleo Instant Pot French Toast Casserole has the french toast flavor with less work – just put all the ingredients together in the instant pot and cook it for 3ish hours. You can mingle with all your guests and then serve a delicious dish for them – NO standing over the stovetop.
- Butter flavored shortening, avocado, or coconut oil for Crock-Pot
- (You can use oil spray if you choose)
- 2 – 3 packages of paleo/gluten-free bread cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 c. non-dairy milk of your choice (I use full-fat coconut milk)
- 1/3 c. coconut or maple sugar – *plus more for dusting.
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract (I use non-alcohol vanilla)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- small pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries, optional
- Top with *Powdered sweetener of choice, Maple syrup, **Fresh fruit puree for serving
- Lightly oil the inside of the Instant-Pot insert.
- Slice bread into thick slices then quarters each slice. Place bowl of an Instant-Pot.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, dairy-free milk, sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and nutmeg, and beat until well combined. Pour egg mixture over bread, and stir to make sure everything is coated. You can make this ahead, just cover the prepared insert and place it into the refrigerator up to overnight. To cook, remove foil and prepare as directed.
- Cook on low for 2 ½ to 3 hours, until the French toast is warm and cooked through.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, honey, or fresh fruit puree.
- Serve Immediately or refrigerate for up to one week
*Coconut and Maple sugar can be powdered in a coffee grinder or if using large amounts in the smallest contain of a high speed blender.
** You can make your own Fresh Fruit puree by adding the fruit of your choice (2 to 4 cups) a bit of sweetener (optional to taste) with a bit of water (2 Tablespoons to 1/4 cup) and a splash of fresh lemon juice (1 to 2 teaspoons) to a saucepan and cook until fruit is soft. Then add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend it on a high until it becomes a smooth pourable sauce.