Make some fresh homemade jam to enjoy on toast, coconut yogurt or a paleo scone. We know it can be hard to find a paleo jam or jelly in the grocery store so we put together an easy jam recipe. Our paleo strawberry jam recipe only has 4 ingredients with no cane sugar or artificial sweeteners.
INGREDIENTS (YIELDS 5 CUPS OF JAM):
- 4 cups of chopped and mashed organic strawberries
- 1 cup of Organic Honey (use concentrated fruit juice sweetener for vegan version)
- 2 tsp pectin Pamona’s Pectin
- 2 tsp calcium water Pamona’s Pectin
- Wash and rinse all jars, screw bands. Keep jars in a clean sink, covered with hot water. Add lids to a saucepan of hot water, keeping warm while making the jam.
- Prepare the strawberries. Wash and clean all fruit, removing hulls and stems. You can use frozen berries too, just make sure to let the berries thaw all the way. Chop and mash strawberries, putting in stock pot when done.
- Add calcium water to strawberries, stir well.
- Measure honey into a separate bowl. Mix pectin thoroughly into honey and set aside.
- On the stove on high heat, bring strawberries to a rolling boil stirring constantly. Add honey and pectin, return mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly (about 3-5 min cooking time). Remove strawberries from heat.
- Fill jars to ¼ of the top. Wipe jar rims clean, screw on 2-piece lids. Process jars in a water bath canner with boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove jars from canner and allow to cool at room temperature. Check lids to ensure seal has taken.