These paleo baked stuffed apples are filled with spiced nuts and drizzled with warm honey.
This is a yummy and rustic paleo dessert and is absolutely perfect for fall. Just imagine smelling these tender stuffed baked apples as they’re cooking with the smell of spiced nuts drifting through your home. It is glorious! Serve warm with dairy free vanilla ice cream we love NadaMoo ice cream!
Makes 5-6 servings
- 5-6 Apples of your choice
- 1 cup of roughly chopped walnuts
- 1/2 a cup of roughly chopped pistachios
- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of ground cloves
- 1/2 cup of honey, maple syrup, Fruit Sweet or agave
- 1/4 cup of honey, maple syrup, Fruit Sweet or agave
- Warm honey on the stove top until honey is thinned but does not heat too long.
- Mix the nuts and spices and 1/2 cup honey together in a separate bowl then proceed to fill the apples with this mixture. Be sure to fill all apples fully.
- Use remaining warmed honey over the apples and
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg C for 25-30 mins.
- Serve your paleo baked stuffed apples with a side of dairy free ice cream or cocowhip and enjoy.