Make some paleo cassava flour pancakes for the kiddos this weekend. Who doesn’t remember Sunday morning with the family with mom making pancakes in the kitchen…now you can continue the tradition with this paleo pancake recipe.
- 1 cup almond, coconut or other non dairy milk
- 3/4 cup cassava flour (available at Snackin’ Free)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (available at Snackin’ Free)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil (available at Snackin’ Free)
- 1 Tbsp maple or coconut sugar (available at Snackin’ Free)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- dash salt
- fat for oiling skillet or griddle
- Preheat a stainless steel skillet on, or electric griddle to medium-low heat. Oil pan with
- In a separate bowl, add milk and lemon juice and let sit for 5 minutes
- Combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, avocado oil, and milk, lemon juice mixture, then add to the flour mixture. Stir until combined.
- Pour or spread about 1/4 cup batter on to pre-heated skillet, spacing pancakes at least a couple inches apart. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, then gently flip to cook an additional 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- If pancakes cook too quickly on the outside, but are undercooked on the inside, turn the heat down.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup for a classic pancake experience.