Summer is for fun and what is more fun than enjoying a delicious and cold strawberry daiquiri by the pool with friends and family.
- 4 cups ice
- 20 strawberries, hulled
- 6 ounces light rum
- 6 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 2 ounces strawberry liqueur
- 4 teaspoons simple syrup** or honey
- Strawberry and lime slices, to garnish
- Place the ice, whole strawberries, rum, lime juice, triple sec, strawberry liqueur, and sweetener in the pitcher of a Blender.
- Cover and blend on the Smoothie setting.
- Pour into two glasses; garnish with strawberry and lime slices.
Strawberry Simple Syrup Ingredients:
- 1 lb. (16 oz. whole strawberries, cleaned, hulled, and sliced in half
- 3 cups of water
- 2 1/2 tsp monk fruit sweetener
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
Share your Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe with us on social media @snackinfree
Enjoy some Irish Coffee or a White Russian with your friends and family using these paleo holiday drink recipes. We can’t wait to share these with our loved ones.
Kaluha Style Liqueur
- 1/4 cup fine ground espresso
- 2 1/4 cup water (divided)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 1/2 cups light rum
- Cold brew the coffee by combining the grounds and 1 1/4 cups of the water into a sealable glass jar, shaking it, then refrigerating the mixture for 12 to 18 hours. Strain through a coffee filter into another sealable glass jar.
- Combine the sugar and 1 cup of water in a pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let this syrup cool to room temperature.
- Add cooled syrup, vanilla bean, and rum to the glass jar that contains the coffee. Let that mixture steep for 3 days, then remove the vanilla bean and bottle the liqueur.
Pumpkin Spice Kaluha
- 1 15 oz. can of organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup extra coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- Mix all ingredients together in a small saucepan. Heat until combined and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Place a paper towel lined fine wire strainer over a large bowl and pour the pumpkin mixture into the paper-lined strainer.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight to allow the syrup to drain off.
- Add this syrup to the Kaluha style liquor recipe.
Pumpkin White Russian
- 1 oz pumpkin spice Kahlua
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz sweetened condensed coconut milk
- Rim rocks glass with sprinkles/sugar.
- Combine “Kahlua”, vodka, and cream into glass over ice.
- Stir lightly and serve immediately.
It’s that time of year when pumpkin is just around every corner! We have pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin brownies, and pumpkin pie; so why not have pumpkin spice liqueur too! You can make your own with our pumpkin spice liqueur recipe today. This would be a great drink to enjoy on a cool night wrapped up in a cozy blanket next to the fire or serve it at a dinner party with all your friends and family. (KID FRIENDLY VERSION BELOW)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée (not pie filling)
- 6 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise
- 2 cups aged rum, such as 10 Cane Rum or Chacaca like Leblon alternately you can use Potato or Grape Vodka (Ciroc) or VuQu made from coconut
- Place the water and sugars in a medium saucepan, whisk to combine, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the pumpkin, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and vanilla beans – whisk to combine and return to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the syrup is infused with flavor, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, line a medium fine-mesh strainer with a piece of ultrafine cheesecloth and place it over a large heatproof bowl.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture through the cheesecloth and let it drain undisturbed until most of the liquid has passed through and only a thick paste remains. Gently press on the paste with a rubber spatula to release any remaining liquid, then discard the contents of the strainer. (You should have about 2 cups of infused syrup.)
- Add the rum and stir to combine. Transfer to a 1-quart container and set aside to cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Seal the container tightly and store it in a cool, dark place for at least 2 days and up to 3 months before serving.
Serve topped with sparkling water try ginger, cola, or lemon-lime Kombucha as a mixer.
You can also make a KID FRIENDLY PUMPKIN JUICE by omitting the alcohol and adding flavored sparkling water or kombucha for a refreshing pumpkin surprise !
Do you like to enjoy a non-alcoholic cocktail from time to time? Then try our paleo faux-jito mocktail; you can enjoy this fruity sparkling water on the patio enjoying the nice spring breeze and sunshine. Just like a traditional mojito minus the alcohol this mocktail is gluten free, grain free, dairy free, soy free, and legume free. You can even share it with your kiddos…if you want to.
- 5 organic blackberries, raspberries, strawberries
- 5 mint leaves
- 3 lime slices
- 1/2-1 tbsp raw honey
- 6 oz sparkling mineral water, chilled
- In a pint class, muddle blackberries, mint, limes, and honey until fully mashed and dark in color. If you don’t have a bar muddler, then just use the handle of a wooden spoon and immediately rinse when done (so the wood doesn’t stain).
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Pour in the sparkling water.
- Gently mix with a long spoon until fully incorporated.
- Garnish with a mint sprig, lime wheel, and blackberry.
- Drink up!